Resource Tag: Dementia tune Filter your results
CHOPs: Care of The Confused Hospitalised Older Persons
The overall aim of the Care of Confused Hospitalised Older Persons (CHOPs) program is to improve the experiences and outcomes of confused older people in hospital. It is a collaboration between the NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) and the NHMRC Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre (CDPC).
The specific objectives of CHOPs are to:
- design and prioritise principles for best practice care for older confused people in hospital
- tailor implementation to the needs of the older person, carers and families and the hospital teams
- share achievements, innovation and knowledge and embed systems into practice to sustain and spread improvements in the care of older confused people in hospital.
No matter how you are impacted by dementia or who you are, Dementia Australia is here for you.
We exist to support and empower the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia and almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. Dementia is the second leading cause of death in Australia yet remains one of the most challenging and misunderstood conditions.
Neuroscience Research Australia NeuRA
Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA) is an independent, not-for-profit research institute based in Sydney, Australia. As a leader in brain and nervous system research, our goal is to prevent, treat and cure brain and nervous system diseases, disorders and injuries through medical research.
Some of the many aspects of neuroscience we explore include:
- Degenerative brain diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Developmental disorders such as autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Neurological disorders including obstructive sleep apnoea, nerve damage and chronic pain
- Falls and Balance in the elderly
- Rehabilitation after stroke and spinal cord injury
- Increasing the safety of car travel for children and adults.