Resource Tag: Falls prevention tune Filter your results
Active and Healthy
Staying physically active is the single most important thing you can do to stay fit and independent, as you get older. Age is no barrier, research shows that exercise, at any age, is worth the effort. If you are in any doubt about exercise, please talk to your doctor.
This website can help you find an exercise program in your local area and provides information and tools that can assist you to increase your physical activity.
Neuroscience Research Australia NeuRA
Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA) is an independent, not-for-profit research institute based in Sydney, Australia. As a leader in brain and nervous system research, our goal is to prevent, treat and cure brain and nervous system diseases, disorders and injuries through medical research.
Some of the many aspects of neuroscience we explore include:
- Degenerative brain diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Developmental disorders such as autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Neurological disorders including obstructive sleep apnoea, nerve damage and chronic pain
- Falls and Balance in the elderly
- Rehabilitation after stroke and spinal cord injury
- Increasing the safety of car travel for children and adults.