Resource Tag: Parkinson's tune Filter your results
Neuroscience Research Australia NeuRA
Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA) is an independent, not-for-profit research institute based in Sydney, Australia. As a leader in brain and nervous system research, our goal is to prevent, treat and cure brain and nervous system diseases, disorders and injuries through medical research.
Some of the many aspects of neuroscience we explore include:
- Degenerative brain diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Developmental disorders such as autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Neurological disorders including obstructive sleep apnoea, nerve damage and chronic pain
- Falls and Balance in the elderly
- Rehabilitation after stroke and spinal cord injury
- Increasing the safety of car travel for children and adults.
Parkinson’s Australia is the national advocacy body representing people living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers, researchers and health professionals in the Parkinson’s community.
We promote the best possible quality of life for people with Parkinson’s. We advocate for the Parkinson’s community on issues of national significance. We work to reduce the impact of Parkinson’s by promoting best practice care to ensure that people can maximise their opportunities to live well and maintain their independence.