Resource Type: Carers tune Filter your results
Head to Health
Head to Health can help you find digital mental health services from some of Australia’s most trusted mental health organisations.
Provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care, Head to Health brings together apps, online programs, online forums, and phone services, as well as a range of digital information resources.
Whether you are trying to improve your own sense of wellbeing, looking for help with something that is bothering you, or helping someone you care about—Head to Health is a good place to start.
Health Care Complaints Commission
The Health Care Complaints Commission acts to protect public health and safety by resolving, investigating and prosecuting complaints about health care.
Health Consumers NSW
We support and help health consumers to be a voice for themselves and their communities. We do this through:
- training and mentoring for health consumer representatives, so they can be powerful advocates for themselves and others
- training for health services, so they build patient-centred care and consumer partnerships and feedback into their strategies and systems
- our ‘request-a-rep’ service for health organisations who want genuine input from consumers
- representation of consumers through submissions and seats on key government and health service committees
- our online tools and resources hub, newsletters and social media channels.
We do not offer a personal advocacy service and we don’t handle personal complaints about a health service you received. But we can help you to find the right person to talk to.
Health Direct: Symptom Checker
With Symptom Checker you can find out:
- what to do – advice on the next healthcare steps, whether it’s self-care, talking to a health professional, going to a hospital or calling triple zero (000)
- where to go – information on local healthcare services appropriate to the “what to do” advice
- more about your symptoms – links to further information about their symptoms, and possible causes, from trusted Australian healthcare organisations.
Our core business is providing 24/7 health information, advice and referral for all Australians no matter where they live and when they need help. Funded by government, Healthdirect Australia is the national virtual public health information service.
HealthStats NSW is a ‘one-stop-shop’ public website bringing together data from many sources to produce statistical information about the health of the NSW population. Users can view and download data and select indicators to produce tailored reports that provide insights into a wide range of health determinants and outcomes, including:
- the health status of the NSW population
- health inequalities and the determinants of health
- the major causes of disease and injury and current health challenges
- trends in health and comparisons between age groups and geographic locations.
The data in HealthStats NSW cover a range of health risk factors, diseases, locations, and specific populations.
Healthy Bones Australia
Healthy Bones Australia (HBA), formerly Osteoporosis Australia, is a national non-for-profit organisation and the leading consumer body to reduce broken bones and improve bone health across Australia.
Healthy Eating Active Living
Healthy Eating and Active Living offers tips, tools and free programs that support a healthy lifestyle for you and your family.
This initiative aligns with the NSW Government’s Healthy Eating and Active Living Strategy, which is committed to supporting a healthy community in NSW and reducing the impact of lifestyle-related chronic disease.
Find out more about the free programs and tools and tips you can use to eat healthier and get active.
Healthy Living Apps Guide
Looking for a healthy living app? Check out over 300 apps rated. Search by category, device, age group and pricing to find the app that suits you. Find out more at Vic Health
With a dedicated team, we are the nation’s largest provider of government-funded hearing services for children, young adults under 26, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, pensioners and veterans.
The Heart Foundation has been the trusted peak body working to improve heart disease prevention, detection, and support for all Australians.
Hello Sunday Morning
Hello Sunday Morning’s Daybreak app is a free resource designed to assist people in changing their relationship with alcohol. The app provides access to private chats with professional Daybreak coaches, an anonymous and supportive community and a comprehensive library of behavioural experiments, built by clinicians and designed to help people develop the skills they need to change their relationship with alcohol.
We lead Australia’s community response to viral hepatitis by:
- listening to, understanding and articulating the needs of people impacted by viral hepatitis
- promoting public health policies and investment decisions that support the elimination of viral hepatitis
- providing viral hepatitis information and education to improve health literacy and health outcomes
- supporting our member organisations to deliver best practice programs at a local level
- working collaboratively with our member organisations and national partners to drive required action.
We provide information, support, referral and advocacy for people affected by viral hepatitis in NSW. We also provide workforce development and education services both to prevent the transmission of viral hepatitis and to improve services for those affected by it.
Hormones Australia is an initiative of the Endocrine Society of Australia (ESA). Its purpose is to increase awareness and provide information about hormones and how they affect the body, as well as information about common hormone-related conditions.
Housing and Homelessness
Find out how we can help you find or keep your housing, how to apply for private rental assistance or social housing, understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant or request help with a property and find out more about management transfers.
This service provides information on methods of quitting, getting started and staying quit.
ID Health Education
Free e-learning for carers, health professionals and disability professionals. Our goal is to improve your knowledge, skills and confidence – leading to better health and wellbeing for people with an intellectual disability.
The mission of InsideRadiology is to be the leading Australasian resource on clinical radiology tests, procedures, and interventions, providing up-to-date information to health consumers and health professionals and improving doctor-patient communication. InsideRadiology has two key audiences: health consumers (patients, their families and friends); and health professionals (referring clinicians and allied health professionals).
Intellectual Disability Mental Health Connect
Intellectual Disability Mental Health Connect aims to help people with intellectual disability get the right services and support for their mental health. It has information for people with intellectual disability, their supporters, and professionals.
This website is aimed at people who live in NSW Australia. However, people who do not live in NSW may still be able to use the information.